A public forum was held at Shepherd’s House Church in Durham on Oct. 23, 2014. Around 100 people attended the meeting. Attendees were asked to join a Task Force to work on developing the food council and network over the course of 2015.
2014 Durham Farm and Food Network Public Forum Agenda
- Welcome – Roland Staton (NAACP -Durham Chapter)
- Presentation on Food Councils – Jared Cates (Community Food Strategies)
- Question and Answer Session – Don Nonini (Durham Community Member)
- Next Steps – Sandy Demeree (Durham Community Member)
- Networking and Food – Food graciously provided by Feed My Sheep